Our Expectations of Our Volunteers
Our Place volunteers are asked to:
- Be reliable and commit, where possible, to a regular shift.
- Check in with the program manager or the manager, volunteer services before coming in for an unscheduled shift.
- Keep the manager, volunteer services informed of changes of address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Be responsible to and consult with the program manager or employees.
- Ask for support, when needed.
- Undertake on-the-job training when necessary to carry out assigned duties.
- Abide by Our Place Society’s policies and procedures.
- Show enthusiasm, loyalty and belief in the work of Our Place Society.
- Appreciate and respect the confidential nature of any information that may be acquired while volunteering.
- Discuss any concerns with the program manager. If the problem remains unresolved, speak to the manager, volunteer services.
- Not spend money or order goods without prior approval.
- Notify the manager, volunteer services if they are no longer able to volunteer or if they need to change their schedule.
- Agree to work in a safe and healthy way and not to jeopardize the health and safety of others.
- Inform the program manager or the manager, volunteer services of any pre existing medical conditions or special needs that might affect their ability to undertake certain tasks.
- Report injuries to the program manager immediately.
- Not accept gifts of any kind, including money, from family members or offer gifts or loan money to family members.
- Not set aside donated items for their personal use while volunteering.
- Not arrive for their shifts intoxicated or impaired by alcohol and/or drugs.
Our Place Volunteers — Simply the Best!