Our Commitment to Our Volunteers
Our Place volunteers have a right to:
- Receive clear information on what is expected of them so they understand why they are doing a task and how it fits into the broader program.
- Be assigned a suitable task and say no to tasks that they are unable to do and/or that they would rather not do.
- Receive on-the-job supervision from a program manager or an employee.
- Receive respect and support from other volunteers, as well as recognition and feedback from the program manager and employees for their contributions.
- Be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses, providing that prior approval was obtained from the program manager.
- Request a reference from either the program manager or the manager, volunteer services.
- Provide respectful feedback, suggestions and recommendations regarding operations in the broader program area.
- Have access to dispute resolution procedures and be supported through such a process.
- Have their personal information kept in a confidential manner.
- Work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Be provided with a place to volunteer and the necessary tools and materials.
- Enjoy a fulfilling, a rewarding and, most of all, a fun volunteer experience.
Our Place Volunteers — Simply the Best!